Standard Super Hinge (18", 24", 30", 36", 42")
The patented Super Hinge™ provides access to rooftop up-blast exhaust fans and is the ONLY patented NFPA 96 compliant fan hinge on the market. Hinged up-blast exhaust fans are required for commercial exhaust systems to be NFPA 96 compliant. The NFPA 96 requirements state the following code for hinging compliance:
- One-man installation.
- Quick and easy to install (1 hour or less)
- Can be installed with the motor running
- Hinged commercial up-blast exhaust fans are required for compliance
- Service hold-open retainers are required
Standard Super Hinge: 18, 24, 30, 36, 42 and 48-inch sizes has an L-bracket on the top support arm that helps to reinforce damaged upblast fans or support heavy fan weight distribution
The Super Hinge™ Service Hold Open Retention System is patented and built into all variations of the Super Hinge™ Fan Hinge System and are manufactured with durable materials at our factory in the USA.
- Allows for single-person opening of an up-blast exhaust fan
- Creates a more stable foundation for fan opening
- Creates a safer working environment
- The built-in service hold-open retainer secures the hinge into a locked position during servicing
- Creates a more secure seal and better airflow
- Prolongs the life of fan by reinforcing the base of the fan